Draw & Code are searching for an experienced financial controller to join our growing team, reporting directly to our CEO.
Who are we?
Draw & Code boasts a decade working with immersive technologies including VR, AR, games and installations. With over 170 projects delivered to an impressive client roster, including Mercedes, Sony, Nokia, Google and many more blue-chip companies, we are one of the most prolific studios in the world at designing and developing magical immersive experiences.
Our work have been viewed and experienced by millions globally, and it’s all completed in-house by our veteran teams of creatives and developers.
Our projects are typically built in partnership with global brands; with work-for-hire being the pillars of our impressive portfolio so far. Innovation is in our DNA, and having recently secured investment and opening up our second studio in Europe, we are now working on exciting new projects to bring immersive experiences to more audiences worldwide, on more phones, street corners and venues than ever before.
At Draw & Code we believe creative technology can make incredible, beautiful experiences and products that change people’s lives in a positive way. Lots of businesses say they offer a great place to work and that their people are their greatest asset.
Here at Draw & Code we don’t just say those things, we try to live them too. We are ambitious and our international footprint is growing rapidly, and we are now seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join us in our next exciting stage of growth.
This role of Financial Controller will involve all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal processes. In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have a rounded business knowledge, be able to analyse data, make recommendations and talk credibly to the management team on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes. You will take ownership of internal working practices, working to improve our processes and increase efficiency.
Key Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP.
- Manage the production and submission of monthly management accounts and development of the monthly finance board pack
- Preparation of consolidations and cash flows for year end statutory accounts.
- Preparation of other financial reports such as forecasts, profit projections, benchmarking reviews.
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes.
- Process payroll duties for organisation.
- Prepare VAT returns.
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and reviewing financial data, providing support and recommendations for the growth of the business from the finance function
- Proactive analysis of client data and communication directly with clients.
You’ll be flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that typically has multiple projects and departments active at any one time. Must have prior experience of working in-house at a scale up business in the creative industries. In this position you are required to be present in our Liverpool city centre studio at least two days a week. Candidates within the Merseyside region are preferred for this position.
This is an amazing opportunity to take a key role at the forefront of video games and experiential technology.
- Qualified ACCA or equivalent.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of office software such as Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs with a focus on spreadsheet creation tools and similar.
- Excellent knowledge of various accounting software packages including Xero.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively with and develop good working relationships with staff at all levels
- Prior experience of budgeting, planning and forecasting processes
Experience of contributing to bid documents and proposals is also desirable.
To apply for this role please complete the application form here